Here is a perfect fall breakfast dish, with lots of zinc, beta carotene and iron from the pumpkin and a punch of protein from the chia seeds.
Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- ½ cup of soy or almond milk
- 1 cup of pure pureed organic pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix!)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of cloves
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
If you’re looking for a higher protein breakfast, you can add a few tablespoons of your favorite protein powder. I like the organic Sun Warrior blend in vanilla because it’s tasty and doesn’t have a bunch of crap in it.
In a bowl, mix all ingredients. Leave in the fridge to sit for one hour. Enjoy!