My first week living in Hawai’i, I went to a BBQ at our neighbor’s, and they made an awesome Okinawan potato salad using avocado. It was so delicious, and the color of the Okinawan potatoes made it just as beautiful as it is tasty. This is my rendition. Did I mention how healthy it is?
Island-Style Purple Sweet Potato Salad
- 2 pounds Okinawan sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
1. Boil sweet potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. Stick in fridge for 1 hour to cool.
2. Cube potatoes. Add avocado, mayo, and lime juice. Mix well.
3. Add shredded coconut and raisins.