Summer is the time for smoothies. This one is a recent creation, and offers a new twist on a childhood favorite. PB & J in a glass? Yes please! The key ingredient that makes it taste like peanut butter and jelly is using salted peanuts instead of peanut butter. Go figure.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Smoothie
You Will Need
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc)
- 1 cup vanilla non-dairy milk ( I like hemp or almond for this one)
- ½ cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp of spirulina. This will negate the lovely purple color of your drink, but it will give you some iron and b12. Decide how important it is for your smoothie to be aesthetically alluring.
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. Protein powders are a slippery slope, as most of them contain all kinds of crazy weird junk and GMOs and a zillion grams of sugar. I do, however, like Sunwarrior Classic Raw Protein in vanilla. It is naturally sweetened, and doesn’t have a weird chalky flavor because it’s soy-free. Also, my boyfriend says it makes smoothies “taste like donuts.”