In our society we place a ridiculous amount of speculation on the lives of celebrities, taking them from talented actors and musicians (although in some cases this is really, really questionable) to a group of demi-gods. Literally..we worship them. Just recently I saw Jennifer Anniston on the cover of Architectural Digest. Really people?? Come on now. However, given that the majority of us look up to celebs (although from the looks of many of them, they should reconsider) I will give you a list of celebrities whose lifestyles you should try to emulate. Here are a group of celebs who, if nothing else, take care of their bodies and do their part in helping our planet. Basically, if you won’t listen to me when I tell you to kick your meaty habits, perhaps you will listen to them.
1. Alicia Silverstone. I just love her adorable, friendly, vegan demenour and her book, The Kind Diet, is phenomenal. It has really great insight and recipes and still manages to be funny, as well. I love Alicia’s view on health, on nutrition, on our planet, and, of course, I have a soft spot for the movie Clueless. You go, Alicia.
2. Natalie Portman. I have a really intense girl crush on her, and if I could choose any woman to play me in a movie about myself, it would be her.( Hey, a girl can dream, can’t she?) While I have heard she flops back and forth between veganism and vegetarianism, the girl can do no wrong in my book. She even has her own vegan shoe line.
3. Jenny McCarthy- Married to Jim Carrey, a total fox, and a vegan? Could she get any more awesome? I think not…
4 & 5 – Ellen Degeneres and Portia De Rossi- How cute is that little vegan pile of love? Ellen is hilarious, Portia is completely delicious. I wish I could spend a little time in their bed. I mean, at their dinner table…
6. Steve-0.Surprised? Well you shouldn’t be. Steve-0 has done so many seriously insane things to his body that he pretty much needs to be a vegan just to make it up to himself. However, make sure veganism is the only aspect of Steve-o’s crazy rollercoaster lifestyle that you attempt to copy…please.
7. Andre ’3000′ Benjamin from the band Outkast. I like to get down to his music at the gym, and I never woulda guessed he was a vegan.
8. Zooey Deschanel- Although I think the spelling of MY name is far superior (Zoë), she gets points for being a vegan, and of course for being so damned adorable. Really. I also have had a thing for her since the scene in 500 Days of Summer when she says her line about being called ‘anal girl.’ Soooo funny.
If you’re gonna follow in the footsteps of any celebrity, make it one of these (except Steve-o..Just follow his diet). Or, you could just take the easier route and remove your panties before leaving the house, checking yourself into rehab and/or covering your face in lace so no one can see how fugz you are (lady gaga anyone?). Take your pick….